My Next Adventure

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Adjusting For Travel

My Father-in-law had a stroke last year. He is turning 70 on Saturday.

I leave Monday for Memphis to share the moment with him and to say goodbye to my Brother-in-law who is headed back to the Middle East for his second tour. They are two of the bravest men that I know. I'm looking forward to seeing family for the week.

I need to continue training though. I find myself disoriented and maladjusted on the days when I don't exercise. I can make it through my one rest day each week, but if I miss a scheduled training day it becomes a problem for me. Training has become an integral part of who I am. Funny for the world's biggest former couch potato to talk like this.

I let Coach Cyndee know that I am traveling and what I would have to work with in Memphis. I will post my schedule tomorrow. My second 70.3 is coming up and I feel like the base needs to continue to build.

I will be posting from Memphis and taking some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment