My Next Adventure

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dispatches From The Field 3-1-11 MEMPHIS

Now that I am running, I always see places with a whole new face. Not only terrain and grade, but just the overall landscape. It's hard to really see the things around you when you are doing 80...

Shelby Farms Park is worth slowing down for. My in-laws live slightly less than 1 mile from this amazing place and I am going to take advantage this week.

Getting in late today due to US Airways, I had just enough daylight after getting settled in to sneak in a quick shake-out run. This place just renewed my soul today.

The Rail to Trails Program is Awesome!

The Greenway Connector
Over the next couple of days, I plan to explore different areas in and around the park with my running, including some trail runs. I will be taking more pictures and posting as I go.

There was a time when this mighty animal covered the Great Plains like a blanket. That truly would have been something to witness.

Grazing in the last hour of the day.
The weather was perfect and so was the sunset.

1:06:38 / 6.13 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment