My Next Adventure

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dispatches From The Field 01-24-11

Each week, I post a cut-down version of what I have coming up for the week. The workouts that Coach Cyndee gives me are much more specific however. I thought it might be of interest to post my complete workout for today just to give people the flavor.

Training is six days a week. I currently ask for Thursdays off because I have a fairly intense study group for work (I am currently studying for the Master Diploma Exam with the Court of Master Sommeliers). Most days, I train in two disciplines or have a long workout. Today was just a swim as I had a long bike ride yesterday (see post).

Here is today's workout as I get it (with my notes in yellow):

Warm up with the following
100 easy
Felt tight in my shoulders. Not quite sure why as I actually missed my last scheduled swim workout.
4x25 build speed on each 25 rest 10 sec
Loosened up completely on the second 25.
4x25 fast rest 10
Gassed at this point.
4x200 broken 1st pull, 2nd fast, 3rd pull, 4th fast rest 20 after each
Felt stronger as I progressed through these 200s. I was secretly racing the guy in the lane next to me. I think he was doing the same thing. We were pretty equal, which made it a lot of fun.
1x800 continuous timed effort
19:17. I told you I'm not fast yet, but I am determined.
1x100 easy swim
Praise the Lord.
4x100 build speed by 50 for each finish fast. rest 20
Tired again at the end of these. Coach Cyndee is sneaky that way...
100 easy
2500

(c) Andreas NG

I threw in an extra 500 in at the end of this workout to try and make amends for missing the previous swim. It didn't make me feel a whole lot better. It's funny, I was the world's biggest couch potato and now, I miss a workout and my entire being goes into a funk.

1:20:58 / 3000m


No comments:

Post a Comment