My Next Adventure

Monday, July 4, 2011

Monthly Totals - June 2011

SWIM
Time - 7:27:59
Meters - 18,000
Avg Pace - 0:01.5 / meter

BIKE
Time - 9:52:24
Miles - 157.07
Avg Pace - 03:46 / mile

RUN
Time - 22:36:13
Miles - 111.79
Avg Pace - 12:07 / mile

STRENGTH
Time - 3:00:00


EVENTS
Double Dipsea - 3:08:53/13.17 miles

REVIEW
Everything was down against both last month and last year. I missed one scheduled swim session in June, but otherwise did everything I was scheduled. I think a lot of the volume change has to do with how the races laid out from year to year. 

July '10 was a very light month and I expect to see big numbers this year against same month last year. I also don't have a race of any significance that I am doing this month as I have the Master's Exam for the Court of Master Sommeliers in the third week. August will see the Napa Valley Century ride late, which essentially gives me two months to train without a race.

The Double Dipsea went well. Not having seen the course before and not really knowing what to expect as this was my first trail race ever, I set the bar low at 3:10:00 for what is essentially a half marathon and came in under that goal. I felt like my race management decisions were solid and I was able to find something in the tank for the push into the finish off the last hill, but lacked the level of fitness that I was looking for. I simply need to be stronger and need a higher tolerance to pain.

It's coming along, but November is on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment