My Next Adventure

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Scale 4/9/11

THE NUMBER = 245.6 (-2.0 from last week)

This is good.  250 was a barrier that I was stuck with for a long time and I have been south of there for a couple weeks. I have had weight loss every week since going to a vegetarian diet. I honestly have still not truly cleaned up my diet the way I should as that requires preplanning and organization in the way I eat and diet is the one place where I have shown a noted lack of self discipline to get it done.


Being vegetarian within my house has worked out pretty well. When I have been home to cook, I have been flexible in how I prepare meals, building meals vegan or close to, and then adding in proteins for everyone else. I am currently enjoying Heidi Swanson's cookbook, Supernatural Cooking. Nice flavors.

The challenge is that Coach Cyndee is not happy with me going vegetarian. She wants a lot a protein (150g a day minimum, 180g preferred). The debate is over supplementing for it. I honestly was never getting close to that much protein, even when I was eating meat.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit that's a lot of protein? That's my first thought. Although I have to admit I have no idea how much I ingest.

    Suggestion: Eat lots of quinoa and whey supplements.

    ReplyDelete