My Next Adventure

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dispatches From The Field - 5/21/11 – North Along The Bay

Longer run today. Tried to scout a little bit before I came out and found a path that follows a good section of the coast. Decided to catch that and follow it north for a out and back run.

Early morning before everyone gets up is always the best time for me. It’s like being a kid at the exercise version of a Disneyland fantasy where you are the only kid in the park and all the rides are available to you. I simply enjoyed the moment.

Running down the bike path looking at the conservation areas designed to protect the sand dunes and there environment was very relaxing. The ocean out to your left as a primal force, even when it is quiet in the harbor. I understand why people spend millions of dollars to be able to keep watch over it from their living room window every day. It is simply so majestic and senior to us.

The run was fantastic, with cool weather that made it very comfortable to run and a slight breeze. I could go on and on, but I thought that it would be better to simply share some pictures of the area.

The Monterey Harbor

Standing post at the end of the Pier waiting for the call. Some of these boats have been waiting for a while...

How could you ever get tired of this?

Nothing like a fresh adventure to start the day. Have no idea where I am going.

The turnaround point during the run. I seriously could have run forever if I only had the time.

The real Harbormasters

Enjoy the day.
1:36:06 / 8.47 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment