My Next Adventure

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dispatches From The Field - 6/21/11 - Three Square Kitchen

To Athletes, Family, Friends and the Merely Curious,

I have to break from the usual Dispatches From the Field for a special edition.

I am training for what will probably be the most challenging day in my 40+ years of life for many reasons, but one of the most important is the chance to raise awareness for those who are not getting enough to eat. I am focused on my local organization, Three Square, and am looking for your help. You can find a link to their website on the right side of my blog that goes directly to their website where you can either volunteer or make a donation. I do not handle your money in any way. $1 supplies three meals to people in need.
Such an amazing group of people.

Thank you to the amazing staff at RM Seafood for including me in their morning of volunteer work at Three Square.

How much was your Starbucks this morning? Donate 1 Starbucks visit to Three Square for my quest to complete an Ironman this year. I would consider it a personal favor.

My wife Melissa gets staff from RM Seafood Restaurant together to donate a couple hours at the Three Square Facility. She always asks me if I want to join in. Today we all went over for the morning. What did it cost me personally? A couple hours and moving one appointment. I got so much more back in return.

A couple of facts from my community:
1 in 8 households in Nevada struggle with hunger.
50% of the children in our schools are at risk for hunger.

No child should go to bed hungry tonight.


Interested in helping someone in your area? I would appreciate it if you could send me a link to your local organization that is helping to feed the community. I will build a page with those links for others.

God bless you and your family in your life and your personal journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment