My Next Adventure

Friday, September 16, 2011

Dispatches From The Field - 9/14/11 - Sometimes...

work gets in the way of a perfectly good training day...

Morning started before the sun came up. I have both a swim and a general strength training workout scheduled today and chances are I'm not going to get everything in. Work calls.

I have a mock service exam that I am putting on with a fellow Sommelier at work for six candidates who are preparing for their Advanced examination with the Court of Master Sommeliers (CMS). Between getting my daughter up and to school, the mock service and then work, I think the only time I will have will be before the day gets going for everyone else...which is why I am in the pool before the sun comes up.

THE WORKOUT
Swim 250 easy alternate 50 free/50 breast
4x500 descend each one the last one timed effort fast
100 easy cool down free 100 easy breast
2450 

MY NOTES TO COACH CYNDEE
Whitney Ranch Pool
500 Times:
#1 - 10:54
#2 - 10:25
#3 - 10:08
#4 - 9:51
Gassed after the last 500.

Great swim for me. I realize that a real swimmer would see these times as slow, but for me, a sub-10 is quick. I was really pleased with my effort in the pool today.

So after violating several traffic laws in the great state of Nevada on the way home, I never did get to the gym to lift as work turned into a 14 hour day. These things happen.
52:30/2450m

No comments:

Post a Comment