My Next Adventure

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dispatches From The Field - 9/17/11 - Pedal To The Medal

I'm really pleased with the effort today. If only I could get up on time...

The ride today was for Special Olympics. Great to see everyone out and having a great time. I would have loved to take my daughter to the bike rodeo, but she had soccer practice today, which is why I busted a move home immediately after the ride.

I hope everyone is having a great training weekend!

It's actually so much worse than it looks... 

NOTES TO COACH CYNDEE
1hr 20min late to the start on a total oversleep. They let me do the ride anyway. Clocked the climb from the first turnout where the cross is to the Fire Station at the top of the pass. 1:00:02/7.75 miles. I ended up passing about a third of the field over the course (including a short stop to help a cyclist). There was no chance to draft off anyone, so it was all me.
Nutrition was still PB&J and Fig Newmans along with Nuun. No real pop in my legs today. I couldn't really pickup a wheel all day. The climb was nice and steady though. I feel like I am improving.

Last year - 3:10:56
This year - 3:02:37

No comments:

Post a Comment